Amiato policiesHanding In Assignments
Policy for The Handing in Of Assignments
This policy is written to ensure that all staff and learners adhere to the same procedure and have the same expectations when work is handed in, collected, delivered to the school and marked.
This procedure is to be adhered to by all learners, in the interest of fairness for all. This policy also ensures that learners know and understand what is expected of them and that the act of meeting deadlines, is a good one, for preparation for future use in the work place.
It is therefore a requirement that all staff follow the procedure below:
- Give set dates to learners at the start of each term for assignments / tests etc.
- Adhere to set dates unless it is absolutely necessary to change a date. The change of date notification must be written on the board and learners must regularly be reminded of this change.
- When collecting work, learners must indicate by signature and date at the time of handing the work in. These records must be kept in the teacher’s mark book or the teacher’s portfolio.
The following will apply if work is not handed in on time:
- 25% off on first day late – parent(s)/guardian(s) to be notified by SMS.
- 50% off on the second day late – parent(s)/guardian(s) to be notified by email.
- 0 (zero) on the third day – intervention to be sent to parent(s)/guardian(s) informing them of 0 mark.
- All staff are to adhere to this procedure mentioned above.
- When a pupil receives a zero for not handing in work on time, then an intervention form must be sent home. parent(s)/guardian(s) must also be notified that such a form is being sent home for signing.
- This form must be placed in the pupil’s portfolio in the place of the missing assignment.
- Teachers must follow up with parent(s)/guardian(s) if the intervention form has not been returned by the third day.
- All portfolios must be kept in the classroom, preferably in a locked cupboard.
- All marked work, when returned to pupils, must be placed immediately in the pupil’s portfolio.
- No portfolios may be taken home unless specifically requested by the parent(s)/guardian(s). Parent(s)/Guardian(s) are however invited to view portfolios at Parent/Guardian Evenings.
Quality of Work When Handed in for Marking
- No shoddy or untidy work will be accepted.
- All work must be dated, and have the learner’s name and class written on it.
- All work must have a heading.
- All pages must be stapled together.
- The instruction sheet as well as the rubric must be attached to the work.
- NO plagiarism will be tolerated. The learner will receive zero if there is evidence that copying has taken place.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must be informed of this irregularity.